Today in Asian Grocery we will teach you a Filipino dish that is love by many Caldereta. Beef Caldereta is a type of beef stew cooked with tomato sauce and liver spread. Ingredients such as potato, carrots, bell peppers, and olives are also utilized when cooking this dish.
2 lbs beef cubes 3 pieces garlic cloves crushed and chopped
1 piec e onion finely chopped 2 cups beef broth
1 piece red bell pepper sliced 1 piece green bell pepper sliced
1 cup tomato sauce ½ cup liver spread processed using blender
1 teaspoon chili flakes 3 pieces dried bay leaves
2 cups potatoes sliced 2 cups carrots sliced
2 cups carrots sliced ⅔ cup green olives
1 pouch of Mama Sita Calderet mix
- Heat the cooking oil in the cooking pot or pressure cooker
- Saute the onion and the garlic
- Add the beef. Cook for 5 minutes until the colors turn brown
- Add the dried bay leaves and crushed pepper. Stir
- Add the liver spread. Stir
- Pour in tomat sauce and beef broth
- Cook the beef the until it becomes tender (about 30 mins if using a pressure cooker, or 1 to 2 hours if using an ordinary pot).
- Add potato and carrots. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Put the green olives and bell peppers in the cooking pot. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes
- Add Mama Sita's Caldereta Mix
- Serve hot and enjoy!
If you are craving for a Filipino food make sure to drop by our Shop section to have your ingredients delivered to your door.